What advice would you give your teenage self?
RETRO ADVICE is a treasure trove for women of all ages. We have so much to teach each other…and, so much we can still learn from ourselves. One is never too young or too “mature” to benefit from the flash of a lightbulb illuminating a part of our soul.
There are precious gems to be discovered here…
- Priceless advice from women all over the world that has the power to change your life ~ if you hear it.
- Inspiration to embark on your own journey with your biological, adopted or substitute “mom” or “daughter”.
- Sparks that have the potential to light a fire within you.
- A connection to other women that will empower you.
- …and, hopefully a few giggles.
Your TREASURE MAP…the “doors” are on the right.
- (retro advice) ~ The most valuable treasure of all.
- (road trip) ~ Join us as we plan, drive & explore 19 U.S. cities.
- (mishmash) ~ A source of inspiration, giggles, or maybe a spark.
- (quotes) ~ Thought provoking wisdom with visual stimulation.
- (music) ~ Uplifting music does not have to be corny.
- (who am i?) ~ Brief, but insightful.
The idea was born in a loft apartment where seven special women gathered for a “Gab Fest”. It sparked a personal mission to collect answers to the Retro Advice question as a gift to my soon-to-be teenage daughter. Soon after I began, I realized this was bigger than my circle of friends and far too valuable not to share. So the mission grew to include a “coming of age” mother/daughter adventure to expand our pool of women and this blog to share the answers. In the summer of 2011, my girl and I navigated our country’s highways and byways ~ for 45 days ~ in search of adventure, fun, and answers.
“It’s about women helping women and women doing things together
and supporting each other.” ~ Diana Burch
WE ARE ALWAYS SEEKING MORE TREASURE!!! If you’d like to contribute your very own wisdom, please email your name, age, occupation, and city/state/country along with your answer to: RETROADVICE@YAHOO.COM.